Monday, October 1, 2007

When is it ok to answer?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/30/weekinreview/30belson.html
Four Score and ... Mind if I Take This?

Personally I think it was very rude for Rudy Giuliani to answer his phone while he was speaking for the National Rifel Association. Regardless of who you are speaking for it is unacceptable to answer your phone during a speech. "Or he might have orchestrated the call, as some critics are saying, to lighten his image."- I do not believe he answered to lighten his image. Who thinks of something like that? He answered because cell phones are becoming to important for American life, and people are so attached they are forgetting when it is appropriate and when it isn't to answer a phone.

4 comments:

English Composition said...

What do you think this will do for his run for President? Will it just step him up a notch because he is in the news?

Good comments, Jennifer.

jbarnwll said...

For me personally it would not help his run for president. I mean do we really want a president that his going to answer a call from a buddy during a press conference???

seagraves22 said...

I think what Rudy Giuliani did just shows how techonological our country has become. People act as if their cell phones are their child and many of my friends say that they could not last for an hour without their phone, which I think is amazing. It annoys me when I am driving in the car and whoever is riding with me answers a phone call and talks for the entire ride! I believe that if we have the technology we might as well use it but I think that people need to start learning some courtesy when it comes to cell phones.

crystal said...

I dont like him in the first place. of course it is wrong to answer the phone while giving a speech.